Sunday, June 27, 2010

What Summer Break????

So I've been out of school (and essentially off work) for two weeks. However, I have yet to feel like I'm actually on vacation. "Why?", you ask. Well, this is what my summer looks like this year:

Week of June 15: Tuesday - Thursday: 8th grade Pre-AP History training
Week of June 21 - Saturday: TAH2 Grant Summer Institute
Week of June 28 - Thursday: Last week of summer school at McLane - AP Geography Bridge class

[I'll have Friday- Monday off to do laundry and pack]

July 6 - 13: Colonial Williamsburg with TAH2 :) (super stoked for this trip!!!!)

July 14 - August 1: RELAXING this is when my actual vacation starts. Going to try to squeeze in a trip down south to visit the cousins, do a little shopping and hit Disneyland.

August 2: Back to work. Training of some kind (I'll find out tomorrow) and getting my classroom moved into and set up.

Now, I'm not complaining about any of this (well, maybe about the laundry!) and I signed up voluntarily for most of it [not to mention the fact that I am getting paid for all of it :)]. And lord knows if I wasn't busy doing all of this, I'd simply be sleeping the summer away and getting absolutely nothing accomplished. I just wanted to give you a little insight into my summer. And for those of you who haven't been able to pin me down during my tie off, well now you know why :)

No comments:

Post a Comment