Thursday, June 17, 2010

New Addition

I grew up in a house that has always had a cat. About a year ago, our cat Miss Nietzche had a stroke and we had to have her put down. She was a fabulous cat, and it took us a while to get over our loss. It was very odd to not have a cat in the house. Recently my mom had brought up the idea of adopting an adult cat from one of the local shelters, but this idea hadn't made it passed the discussion phase, due to the fact that my dad isn't to keen on the idea of adding another pet to the family.

I received a call from my mother last Thursday. She asked me what I thought Vivy's reaction to a kitten would be. I told her that Vivy would probably be fine (she thought that she and Nietzche were great friends, despite the fact that Nietzche actually despised Vivy), but that she might be more concerned with how Dad would react. Her response was "your father will be fine... so you think Vivy will be okay with a kitten, because I have the cutest little girl sitting in my lap right now. She needs a home."

Meet Cali, the newest addition to the family. She and Vivy are not quite friends yet (Cali's a little intimidated by Vivy's enthusiasm), but I'm sure they will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment