I came to the realization a while back that the title "Lost" has absolutely nothing to do with the condition of the show's characters, but is actually the status of the audience. As the series draws to a close I find myself more and more confused. I routinely claim to hate this show and curse J.J. Abrams for sucking me in and torturing me for the last six years, yet I watch every episode several times just to figure out what the heck is going on!
In honor of the upcoming series finale, I thought I'd share my Top 10 predictions of how the show and torture may end:
10. The screen simply fades to black.
9. Jack and Kate run into each other in the hallway of a college dorm 18 years after leaving the island and discover that their kids will be living across the hall from each other.
8. As the remaining survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 fly off the island, the camera pans around the island one last time.
7. The survivors are sentenced to life in the polar bear cages.
6. We find out that Desmond is simply writing a short story.
5. It turns out that the island, and everyone on it, are simply part of a snow globe that belongs to Aaron.
4. As Jack flies off in a helicopter, the pilot circles back around to the beach where Locke has spelled out 'goodbye' in rocks on the sand.
3. The survivors gather for a group hug and then walk off into the jungle singing "It's A Long Way To Tipperary"
2. Clare wakes up to find Charlie, long sense believed to be dead, in the shower.
1. Locke wakes up in the middle of the night and roles over to tell his wife (played by Suzanne Pleshette) about this strange dream he just had.